Monday, July 1, 2024

Can't Spell Treason Without Tea by Rebecca Thorne

June 28, 2024

Can't Spell Treason Without Tea by Rebecca Thorne

Reyna, a Queen's guard, and Kianthe, mage and Arcandor, decide to flee their lives and travel to a border town where they plan to open a teashop that sells books, or a bookstore that serves tea. 

DNF at 40%. I expected to enjoy this, but it just didn't work for me. The storyline was really slow-moving and the characters were not interesting. I expected it to be in the same vein as Legends and Lattes (which I think was the author's inspiration for her novel) or That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon. The cover art is so charming, too. Sorry.

Many thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for providing an eARC for review.

Beautiful teas

No comments:

Post a Comment