Monday, August 17, 2026

Crocodilopolis by John Manuel Arias

August 9, 2026

Crocodilopolis by John Manuel Arias

Seth Oreamundo has hated his younger brother since he was born, first for taking his mother's ove and later for taking his career and home. Ten years after being exiled from his homeland, Seth devises what he considers to be just revenge for all that he has lost.

I wasn't sure I wanted to read this, but once I started, it sucked me in and I finished it in just a few days. This is one messed up family. Themes include revenge, toxic masculinity, corruption, mythology, brotherhood, rage, identity, and a family secret that is the root of all the evil in the family. The crocodiles in the river are the perfect metaphor for the Oreamundo family.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an eARC for review.

American crocodile - can grow up to 20 feet long - hideous


No comments:

Post a Comment